My life is definately affected by the media, that is obvious.Anywhere from TV, music, internet, to just a simple billboard along the highway. I don't think I know of anybody's life whose isn't. But the way that it affects me has changed me drastically just a few short months ago. I recently moved out on my own and I had to make a major decision: cable or internet. ultimately I chose internet. Talk about a huge change going from watching TV all the time, to not at all...unless you count watching the local crap channels that come in all fuzzy.
These days without TV I would say that my main interaction with media with have to be surfing the internet and listening to music. Being the typical college student I tend to find myself surfing the internet alot, it's getting pretty bad. And yes I will admit it, I am addicted to Facebook and Myspace. But who isn't these days? I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing because it is a good way to keep in contact with all my friends who have gone their seperate ways after highschool. It is also a way that you can become reunited with people, like most recently me and my cousin who haven't seen each other in a very long time got in contact on Facebook and have been able to catch up on what is going on with one another. It's pretty cool.
Now on to the form of media that I would say that has completely consumed my life: music. Pretty much if I'm not in class im listening to music, I even listen to it in my sleep. I always have it on, whether be on my computer in my room, or my MP3 player in my truck or my MP3 player with my headphones in walking around campus. Even as I sit here and write this blog I am listening to my music. And I have such a large playlist with such a wide variety of music you never know what you might come across. I would say that the best part about having such a large playlist would be the fact that you could hear a song that you haven't heard in forever and it gets you excited because it's almost like the first time hearing it.
One thing that I am going to do in my blog is that in every entry I am going to post lyrics to a song that I've heard that day that was particularly good to hear.
Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick And Titch
Hold Tight
Hold tight, count to three,
Gotta stay close by me
And hold tight, sing and shout
Just ride my round-about
And hold tight, shut your eyes, girl,
You suit me for size.
Forget the other guys.
You'll never fall each time you call.
Hold tight, hold tight, hold tight.
Hold tight make me feel
What you say is for real
And hold tight, Carousel, girl,
You'll soon ring my bell
And hold tight, we will fly,
Swinging low, swinging high.
We're gonna make the sky.
You'll never fall each time you call.
Hold tight, hold tight, hold tight.
Hold tight, count to three,
Gotta stay close by me
And hold tight, sing and shout
Just ride my round-about
And hold tight, shut your eyes, girl,
You suit me for size.
Forget the other guys.
You'll never fall each time you call.
Hold tight, hold tight, hold tight.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are blogging fools! I have to admit, this assignment is pretty fun.
Post a Comment